Methylcobalamin, the active form of B12, demonstrates exceptional activity immediately upon absorption, while other forms such as cyanocobalamin must be converted to methylcobalamin in a two-step process. Helps form red blood cells, prevents vitamin B12 deficiency, and helps maintain good health.
- Supports the nervous system
- Helps memory and learning
- Boosts energy
- Helps control homocysteine levels
- Promotes a healthy cardiovascular system
- Enhances immune system function
- Effectively supports brain and nerve function.
- May help in the treatment of sleep-wake disorders
- May improve daytime alertness in shift-workers and the elderly
- Derived from vegetable sources, it is an excellent source of vitamin B12 for vegetarians
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that is found primarily in animal-source foods and is especially important for those who are on a strict vegetarian diet. The methylcobalamin form of B12 is superior to the more common form, cyanocobalamin, as it is active immediately in the body after absorption, rather than having to be converted in the body to the active form.
Vitamin B12 has a range of uses in the body. It is needed to prevent anemia; it aids folic acid in regulating the formation of red blood cells, and helps in the utilization of iron. This vitamin is also important in energy production and the production of genetic materials DNA and RNA. In the nervous system, its primary role is in the production of neurotransmitters that help with memory and learning, and for brain health to help slow cognitive decline that comes with aging.
Methylcobalamin is essential in converting homocysteine into methionine, playing an important role in protein synthesis necessary for cardiovascular function. As such, it is important for the maintenance of a healthy cardiovascular system and the maintenance of good health.
Natural Factors B12 Methylcobalamin is the biologically active form of vitamin B12. The quick dissolved sublingual tablets are immediately absorbed into the body by bypassing the digestive system.
Each tablet contains:
- Methylcobalamin: 1000 mcg
- Dissolve 1 tablet under the tongue
This is a Halal product
* No medicinal claims are made or implied for any product and these are being sold as Nutritional/Dietary Supplements. Use as suggested or as advised by healthcare provider.